Thursday, January 28, 2010

TBWA

Founded in 1970 by Tragos (American, Management), Bonnange (French, Marketing), Wiesendanger (Swiss, Creation), and Ajroldi (Italian, Client Services), TBWA was purchased by OMNICOM in 1993. TBWA is actually one of my personal favorites when it comes to awesome ad work (primarily their Apple Ads - but who doesn't like Mac commercials, really?). Because I think that most of my fellow classmates will post a Mac ad in their TBWA blog posts, I have decided to pick one of their ads for something completely different - whiskey. The following is a relatively recent commercial that I find to be a good example of creating a "false history" for your product, and a creative one at that:


(TBWA Chiat/Day New York)
I think that this commercial is not only beautifully filmed, but kind of humorous as well, considering the extinct that the whickey's creator was willing to go to the depths of the ocean (literally) for one missing keg (a certain Parable rings a bell). Anyways, I like it, and I think it is a good example of TBWA's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment