Tuesday, February 2, 2010

180 Amsterdam/180LA

I honestly have never heard of this agency, although I haven't heard of many from the "list", but this one I most definitely have not heard of, even Dr. Alvey hadn't heard of it. So this blog post will mark my investigation to discover what the heck this agency actually is. So far I have determined that the agency is located in Amsterdam and was founded in 1998. There client list includes Seventh Generation (one of the girl's in my Concepting class used it as one of her products), Adidas, Sony, Amstel, BMW Motorrad, and Motorola. The agency's concept is to do a "180" with their clients, looking at the products in a completely novel and interesting way.

(180 Amsterdam - Amsterdam)
I've seen many commercials for Adidas so I am quite familiar with the "Impossible is nothing" tagline, however; I have never seen this ad before. I would never have thought to show a court with only lines and nothing else. I could see this idea being played out really poorly, but 180 executed it really well! It reminds me a lot of Nike ads... almost a bit too much to where I would assume it to be for Nike if it didn't show the Adidas logo and tag... which I think poses a small problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment