Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DraftFCB

x
DraftFCB is next on the list. Actually, I'm glad that it was because having to search their website for good work redeemed them for me. All I had previously seen were their awful Taco Bell ads during the Superbowl. I am SO relieved. DraftFCB is part of Interpublic. The agency as it stands today is the product of a merger between Draft and Foote, Cone & Belding, hence the title. Their headquarters are in New York and Chicago. They are currently the largest agency in Chicago. I wonder if that would still be true today if Leo Burnett hadn't gone out of business... The clients include:

  • Boeing Co., Citigroup, Chicago Cubs, Del Monte, Dow Chemical Co., Eli Lilly & Co., Hilton Hotels, KFC Corp., Kmart, Kraft Foods, Levi Strauss & Co.'s Dockers, Merck & Co., MillerCoors, Pfizer Inc., Taco Bell Corp., Office of National Drug Control Policy (US), Qwest, S.C. Johnson, U.S. Census Bureau, Volkswagen and WWF
The following ad is from a campaign that I love and was shocked to discover that the same guys who made those stupid Taco Bell ads made this beautiful campaign:

DraftFCB (Lisbon). This campaign is cool because it takes something so common (a country's flag) and turns into something more truly representative of the nation. I think it is interesting to the that the flag itself represents the nation, gives it a face and an image, but sometimes we don't stop and think about what is really happening. So, they turned the flag into a graph, shedding light on issues that are normally not brought to light, especially by the countries themselves. Overall, I think this campaign is genius and eloquent. Sadly, though, flags have been used time and time again by other agencies for other products. The following is similar to DraftFCB's work. Please forgive me, but I could not find which agency was responsible for this:

I think DraftFCB won this one merely because they actually present more of an issue rather than mere discontent.

No comments:

Post a Comment