Friday, March 26, 2010

The Martin Agency

Founded in 1965, located in Richmond, Virginia, and now part of Interpublic (which sounds to me like the name of a ship in StarWars). Clients past and present include American Cancer Society, Discover Card, GEICO, Pizza Hut, FreeCreditReport.com (whose jingle is now stuck in my head - thanks a lot), and, most recently, Wal-Mart (awarded in 2007). Speaking of Wal-Mart... the following is an ad from Wal-Mart's most recent Christmas campaign:


I first saw this as part of an ad sponsorship for a TV episode I was watching on ABC.com (most likely LOST). I am usually incredibly bothered by the fact that agencies (or their Media Planners) play the same ad over and over throughout a sponsorship. However, this one actually made me smile. And smile again. And again. I actually looked forward to the commercial break. Until they switched it up and played a different one which irritated me. I really can't think of what to compare this to other than maybe loosely to the original Coca-cola ads that truly captured the feelings of the Christmas holidays. It captured the universal feeling of waking up Christmas morning, full of excitement and magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment