Friday, March 26, 2010

McCann Erickson

McCann Erickson was responsible for my all-time favorite commercial ever! Call me corny, but the "I'd like to teach the world to sing" Coca-cola ad is the greatest! Although I would like it more without the rolling text at the end, it still gets me every time. Formed in 1902, McCann Erickson is now part of the Interpublic holding group. They are famous for their work for Mastercard. Some of their current clients include Verizon, Weight Watchers, General Mills, U.S. Mills, Dentyne, and Avis.

The following commercial is from their work for Ad Council to promote parental awareness of the things their children watch on television:



I really like this commercial a lot. It takes a more interesting approach to PSAs. Instead of bombarding the audience with facts and statistics and frightening images of kids grown into hoodlums, this ad makes the issue seem less daunting and easier to take control of. It reminds me of the NetFlix commercials that personify movie genres, because it takes a general category of television and turns it into people you can interact with. Actually... it's almost exactly like the NetFlix ads, except with television and a social message. I guess they can duke it out with Goodby later.

No comments:

Post a Comment