Tuesday, April 27, 2010

72 and Sunny

I don't know why, but things with weather forecasts in their names always make me smile. I think if I ever make my own agency I'll name it 34 and Nippy....

Clients: Nike, Carl's Jr./Hardee's, Discovery Channel, 2K Sports, and HP.


72 and Sunny. If I am your target, make it a musical and you always win. Point 1 for Discovery Channel. But what's awesome is that they made it serious, when others try to make their musical attempts funny. Point 2. And yet, through their seriousness they make it funny. My high school theater teacher always told us when practicing improv games that if you try to force the funny, you'll fail, but if you try to play them correctly, you'll always win, because it's funny when your correctness works. Point 3. Also, they embraced the different personalities of their shows, each one sang the song how they would actually sing it. Hushed. Tongue-in-check. With drums. Each to his own tune. Point 4. And through it all, we saw the message: Discovery Channel is the place to go to find people and shows who truly love our planet. Point 5. Game, set, and match.

No comments:

Post a Comment