Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kaplan Thaler Group

HQ in NYC. Kaplan Thaler was founded in 1997, but don't be fooled by its age, they've done a lot of memorable work in their short years. I was surprised by the amount of female leadership at the agency, it is perhaps one of the few I've seen so far with a female majority in the upper leadership positions. Clients include Aflack (the Aflack duck), Herbal Essences, Continental Airlines ("Word Hard. Fly Right."), Wendy's and the Swiffer Sweeper campaigns.



Kaplan Thaler (NYC). I absolutely loved this campaign when I first saw it a while back. I always get excited when I discover which agency did my favorite ads. This ad is for Ad Council and definitely packs on the shock value, but does so in an appropriate and acceptable way. It forces you to realize that serious issues like substance abuse aren't just grown-up problems, they can start when you're young. It encourages parents to start talking to their kids before they have problems, taking a preventative stance rather than a corrective one.

No comments:

Post a Comment