Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Campbell Mithun

Campbell Campbell Campbell. Mithun Mithun Mithun. I just discovered they do the Hefty ads....

CM was founded in 1933 by Ralph Campbell and Ray Mithun and it is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. It was purchased by Saatchi&Saatchi in 1986. Some examples of their past work include "Where's the cream filling" for Hostess, "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" for Unilever, "The incredible, edible egg" for the American Egg Board, and "The bold look of Kohler" for Kohler. They do or have done work for Land-O-Lakes, Kmart, General Mills, Famous Footwear, Buger King, Popeyes, and Partnership For a Drug-Free America among others. They did a Super Bowl commercial for H&R Block involving a Willie Nelsen advice doll that became a hit.


Campbell Mithun (Minneapolis). Speaking of banking. Here's an ad for National City. It's not the best ad I've seen for financial services, but I like it because it makes you feel like you can trust them. I need only to read the headline to understand what kind of company National City is and what kind of services they offer. Instantly I know whether or not I think I can trust them with my money, and I think that I can. I am always impressed by ads whose headlines do all those things in such a small space. Being a copywriter, it shows me what to work towards - concise and clever headlines that both introduce the problem and offer a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment