Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mullen

Mullen. Not mullet, Mullen. Mullen was founded in 1970 and grew to be the 22nd largest agency in the US - that's pretty big! Headquartered in Boston, MA (like our friends at Hill Holiday), some of their clients include Ask.com, Computer Sciences Corporation, Embarq, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts,General Motors, Highmark, HSBC, LaQuinta Inns & Suites, LendingTree, MassMutual, Match.com, Orbitz, Panera Bread, Stop & Shop and Giant Supermarkets, The Stanley Works, SunTrust, U.S. Department of Defense. They are very well known for their "When I grow up" Super Bowl commercial for Monster.com.



Mullen (Boston). Ok, you can't tell me this isn't funny. Now, I'm not a Hockey fan, but this campaign still makes me feel like I can point out a Bruins fan when I see one - they are die-hard dedicated. And that's what makes this campaign so great, yes it pokes a little fun at the hockey-fan cliches, but it celebrates their devotion to the team and love of the sport. They could have done a Nike-esque video montage of inspirational hockey footage, but I don't think that would have grasped the essence of these fans at all. This ad says it all without the fluff - there are fans and then their are fans. I know which one I'd want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment