Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wieden + Kennedy

Ah, the great W+K. Just hearing their name makes me feel creative. Maybe it's because I'm a creative student, but I have an agency crush on this place. They are amazing.

HQ: Portland, Oregon.
Founded in 1982 by Dan Wieden and David Kennedy.
It is now one of the largest indie agencies in the world.
They have done several infamous campaigns such as the Coke Happy Factory and the Miller High Life.
What made them famous? Nike of course.

Clients: Nike, Coke, ESPN, Honda, Old Spice, Miller Brewing, P&G, and many more.


W+K (Portland). This campaign is cool because it sells you stuff without you feeling like you're being sold to. The narrator/host walks you through a worst-case scenario that gets you thinking "I've totally been there before" and then explains that although Target can't fix all your problems, they can help make them just a little better. The colors and rotating stage keep you focusing on the ad. The filming style reminds me of W+K's recent Old Spice "I'm on a horse" campaign. Very smooth transitions that are filmed in an uninterrupted sequence. Eye catching and entertaining. Brava.

No comments:

Post a Comment