Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Team One Advertising

Go team, go! Team One Advertising is located in El Segundo (Los Angeles), CA. Clients include Lexus, Boost Mobile, Ritz-Carlton, NHL Fan network, El Segundo Police, and the LA Animal Service. I honestly cannot find any more information about it's history online, so in order to make up for the lack of background information I have decided to include two ad examples:


Team One (LA). I don't know why, but I really love commercials that make old people act like young people. It's just fun to watch and imagine what they actually were like when they were the youth of their time, they probably rocked the cigarette pant and lots of hair gel. This campaign reminds me a lot of Publicis' work for the Drink Milk campaign, where they show old people dancing. However, I feel that this campaign's use of the elderly has less of a direct connection to the product than Publicis' did. The only purpose they have for showing the oldies is to say that Boost Mobile isn't for them, but for the teens. I guess it's better than just showing a bunch of teens having fun with the assumption that the audience would attribute their lifestyles to the product (I hate that), so in that case, I give it kudos.

Team One (El Segundo). I rarely see ads for law enforcement or fire department recruitment, so I don't have much to compare this one to, but I do want to say that it makes me want to be a cop. The art direction gives it a story of its own, leaving it up to solve. The copy reads "You radio back to dispatch. He fires. You both know bullets travel faster than backup." That line sold it for me. I should drop out of school and become an El Segundo Policewoman.

No comments:

Post a Comment