Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leo Burnett

Home of red apples and thick black pencils. Leo Burnett started his agency in Chicago in 1935, one of the few agencies that started and survived during the Great Depression. His first major clients were Kellog's and Proctor & Gamble - pretty good for the Depression if you ask me. Current clients include McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Walt Disney, Marlboro, Kellog's, Visa, Wrigley's, Allstate Insurance and Hallmark. The agency is responsible for many cultural icons like the Jolly Green Giant.

Leo Burnett (Mumbai, India). This campaign makes me reassess my view of highlighters. I actually do not use highlighters on a regular basis, because they make my notes too distracting. However, I really like how this campaign shows their utility in a new light (no pun intended), making it more profound. Apparently, although all the images I found were too small to read, the highlighted text changes the story on the parchment. It compares highlighters to the highlights of history. In all, I feel like this campaign took the highlighter from the dull school supply section and brought it up to the world of the writers and theorists.

No comments:

Post a Comment