Monday, April 19, 2010

VitroRobertson

Sounds like the name of a Robo-cop. Hello, my name is Vitro Robertson, and I have come to put you back in robo-prison.

I digress.

VitroRobertson. It's headquarteres is in San Diego, but also has a major office in LA. Looking at their website, it seems that they do much more print and online work than commercials. Major clients include Taylor Guitars, Kyocera, Yamaha Watercraft, Newcastle, Intel, Pei Wei (mmm...), PF Chang's (double mmm...), and IHOP (okay, my mouth is watering). I wonder if they get free catering...


VitroRobertson (San Diego). We were shown one of Vitro's ads for Taylor Guitars in my Intro to Creativity course last spring - the personality that they created for Taylor is really inspiring, or maybe they just captured the personality it already had. What I love about this campaign is that it doesn't shy away from the fact that Taylor guitars can cost a hefty sum, instead it shows why it is worth it. As if the money it costs is nothing compared to all the grit and life and soul that comes with it. I can't play guitar to save my life, but after seeing this ad I actually felt like I was missing something, like having a Taylor would connect me with all the other Taylor-playing soul-seekers in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Haley! I had the opportunity tour Vitro last Thursday here in San Diego. They are just as awesome in-person as they are for their brands. Did you see Vitro and CP+B have the most magazine ads up for 2010 Kelly Awards? http://www.magazine.org/advertising/kelly_awards/winners_finalists/index.aspx

    ReplyDelete