Thursday, April 29, 2010

David&Goliath

David&Goliath is a full-service indie agency. They have offices in Los Angeles, London, and Frankfurt. They started their own non-profit organization called the Brave Alliance. They also have their own in-house print production studio (Bullseye) and broadcast production studio (Spinach).

David&Goliath (LA). For Mammoth Ski Resort. This ad grabbed my attention because it has many of the same elements of the VW work by DDB. Small image, big white space. What's kind of ironic, is that instead of "Think Small", their tagline is "Play Big". Simplicity in my mind is always best. Also, I don't know if you have ever been to a ski resort, but they are always packed! So this simple image of a lone skier with all the room in the world to carve through is not only impressive but mouth-watering. I would love to have a whole mountain to myself. Of course, I understand that this sentiment is not the message, just wishful thinking on my part. Overall, this ad doesn't overwhelm you with detail and color and people and prices. Instead, it wraps you in a sense of beautiful isolation and makes you yearn for your turn to carve some powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment